overclocking help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeg

In Runtime
i want to overclock and did some reading... so i decided to take a look, i went to bios and i saw were the cpu setting and thing is... problem is that i cant go to it, there was only a few options i could change and that wasent one.

btw, its a p4 with HT and while i was in there, it said it was at 800mhz or something lol.. so whats up?

Is this a pre-built? you shold be able to change the clock frequency and not the multiplier if this is a custom build, if it is pre-built you can't overclock.

Yes if your computer was purchased from a manufacturer like Dell or Compaq then its most likely they have locked the BIOS, preventing you from altering CPU and voltage settings.

yea... its from gateway, no hope then?

if i were to upgrade my cpu would it be unlocked? or is there a way around it, i read somewhere u can get a hacked bios or something?

618579422_l.jpg

i found this, some info.... this help at all?

No hope. They lock their bios so that you cant overclock, fry something and then send it back and get a new one for free.

you wouldn't need a new cpu but a new mobo if you really wanted to OC, you can try to flash your bios to make it work but like 95% of times it don't work and is a bit more complicated.

ok... thx for help guys, maybe when i go to upgrade my mobo ill try it.. shouldent belong since mines still has AGP for my v-cards lol. 7800gs is all i can get that can run my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom