ATI 9800 Pro or XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercules_upw

Daemon Poster
Some advice on a video card purchase please.

Iwant to buy a good video card for my computer. I really wanted to go with a 9800XT, but $450 is kind of steep. I started looking at the 9800 Pros for $220.

My question is: will i see a dramatic difference between the XT and the PRO models. Is the XT worth the extra $200?

Also, if i go with the Pro, should i get 128 MB or 256 MB? :confused:

Current system specs:

ASUS A7N8X-X mobo
AMD 2500+
ABIT Siluro FX5200 Video
512 Mb Corsair PC3200 RAM (one stick)
WD 40 Gig HD
Sony DVD+-RW

The 9800 XT is arguably the best graphics card on the market at the moment, and you have to pay for the best, as to whether itÂ’s worth $200.00 more than the pro, probably not; the 9800 pro is still a great card.

ItÂ’s your decision to make, sorry.

Edit: 256mb on board gfx memory is over the top for games at the moment, but will be useful over the next couple of years.

my friend bought the 9800 XT, and while i have the 9600 XT, i really can't tell the difference. most games that are out now won't even push the 9800 XT to its full potential, but i'm sure it'll be nice for Half-Life 2 or Doom 3.

They difference between the 9800 Pro and XT is minimal, maybe 5-10 frames:confused: If you want the latest greatest thing RIGHT now and have the money, you could get the XT, but your not losing much if you just go for the 9800 Pro;)

Yes if u have the money to blow, go xt but if its not in ur price range man 9800 pro still kicks ass dude and in MY perspective its not worth the xtra 200$ and thats my personal choice. Also i heard of ppl overclocking their 9800 pros to 9800 xt's. Just wted to share that and i hoope u choose the right card...:D

cell567 said:
Also i heard of ppl overclocking their 9800 pros to 9800 xt's. Just wted to share that and i hoope u choose the right card...:D [/B]

True, but the XT comes with its own OC tool actually;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom