And The Adventure Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

In Runtime
I received most of my parts today from newegg. All the hardware for the first pc i'm building is now here, and most of the hardware for the second pc is here too. Those guys at newegg really are fast! I'll have the rest of my stuff for the second pc on monday i'm sure.

Here goes the fun part... putting this thing together! So many new and shiney parts... i don't even know where to begin! I kinda want to keep it all in those attractive boxes and wrappers forever! It all looks so purrrrrty! Hehe.

I guess i'll start where most dont... the manuals!

Please feel free to ask ANY questions about the build process. If theres something youre not QUITE sure of- ask. Youll be better off for it.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks guys. I'm reading all the manuals and planning my attack. The first board i'm putting together is the 7vt600-L (Gigabyte board).

Well, i got all these parts in and i didn't even get to touch the first of the two pc's this weekend. I ended finding a really good deal on a 466mhz celeron win98 system, complete with monitor, desk, tons of software, tapedrive, cdrw, 10gig hd, 176mb ram, webcam, and a few other goodies, all for only 150 bucks!

It was a really good deal so i snatched it up (it's for the kids in the house - saves me from having to put one together for them) and been working on it all weekend. I completely dismantled it and put it back together again. It needed a serious cleaning. I also rewired some things which apparently were not wired properly (leds, a few jumpers, etc).

Overall, its a really good stable system for the price i got. Of course, i snatched a lot of goodies off of it for my own builds.

Now with that just about overwith, i can focus on the other computers this week.

Not with all the software cd's i got. The software alone would have been over a hundred bucks. The monitor is a huge 21inch. The desk was like brand new and that would have been like another hundred or more.

Besides, i've found that local computer shops are a major rip off (my own personal experience).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom