little help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeg

In Runtime
hi all,

i need to know what kind of slot my computer has pci-e, pci, or agp.

i tried looking through all of the documents that came with the computer but no luck... is there something on the computer can will tell me? or possibly a program that can give me the info.

i need to kno b/c im goin to be getting a new videocard soon, and i want to kno that the card i will be getting will work.

thx

ah, thx... it says i have AGP 8x for max.... i was going to buy the 7800GT card.... guess not lol.

what do you think is a good agp card? i want to be able to run fear and doom 3 at high-max setting.

thx

7800gs by gainward is meant to be a AGP 7800gt, if not a standard gs will be great for playing them at high settings.

oh... and will i need a new psu for the added things, and since i have a gateway can i buy a psu that will fit the case?

Open up the case and tell us how many amps on the 12v and total amount of watts it outputs.

well i kno its a 350watt psu, i think the card needs a 400watt.... but some ppl left comments that said they used a XXX and it was lower then recomended and worked.. so who knows lol.

acording to that... im good to go, thx alot

one more... i have 2 sticks that equal 512mb of ram.... im ganna get 2 more of 1gb stciks...... i know what kind to get and all, but this will work correct? btw, i calcuated the 4ram sticks. thx

You need to know the amps still though, if you card is under powered then it will cause crashing and reduce teh performance of the card.

It will work, but you not see an increase of performance from 2gb to 3 as the PC will still use the page file for what isn't needed straight away, leaving just over 1gb never used unless you do what I did the other day and transfer a movie into its frames and import those frames into photoshop at the same time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom