Should I buy this Dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxima

Beta member
Dell Demension 2400 brand new sealed with warranty. It has a Pentium4 2.8 proccesor, 512mb of ram, 80gb hard drive, cdr-w burner, XP pro, 17 monitor and the rest that comes with the Demension 2400 (speakers,keyboard,etc). All for $525. Sound good? Or is my teacher trying to rip me off? Thanks for any response.

It would be for regular multi-media. No gaming. And no AGP. Just 3 PCI slots. Thanks for any feedback, would be my first computer.

Sounds like a reasonable deal. My only hang-up with it is that there is no AGP slot. The ability to upgrade means a lot to me. If you are certian you will NEVER want to upgrade, then it is my opinion that this would be a good purchase.

link works for me. that computer is okay, but the video card is really horrible, don't expect to play cutting edge games with it. you can always buy a new PCI or AGP video card to upgrade later though. a better place to buy your computer is shop at www.cyberpowerinc.com

If this is your first computer and you dont know much about them and want something reliable, go with the dell. If anything ever goes wrong within warrenty they will fix it no problem. If you know what you are doing and want some upgradability and chance for future gamming i wouldnt recommend the dell because they are very propriatary meaning anything major you buy from a third party dealer wont work or fit rather like a new motherboard. If you don't need it for playing unreal tournament 2004 or half life 2 then go with the dell because your investment will go a lot farther since nothing can really be 100 percent reliable and dell will be there if something goes wrong to help you out. It is a nice intro computer and will run sufficiently fast for your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom