water vs. air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laser402 said:
And im the one who WON WOOOT!!!! lol (sorry but trifid insisted that it wouldnt conduct but i am electricity guy :p)

But no water is far better than air at cooling but then far more expensive and risky, as long as you are should 100000000% that your watertight move it into the case, otherwise you maybe looking at a new pc.

P.S. De-Ionized water IS non-conductive BUT as soon as an electric current e.g. mobo, is passed through it, it be comes normal (fairly clean) water. Plus all of the Anti algy, Corrosive agents will add electrons into the water.

See Trifid i do my reasearch, im just sad i didnt bet any money, the science teachers were alittle confused at the green water thou lol

lol. The bet was that De-ionized water doesn't conduct electricity though.

It still hasn't leaked, and as long as it is set up properly it will not. The need for water cooling is another point though, you may need it better with your cpu proberly verging on the shut down temp. :p

Yh i blaently no my temps are wrong atm as at 2.6Ghz im 30oC Idle with 1.5v Which was the same at stock :rolleyes:

A little test i do to check the temp is to touch near to the base of the heatsink to feel the heat. My dads old heatsink was untouchable and the CPU was around 60oc idle (AMD Althlon stock cooler, Change heatsink now and a cool 41oc :p)

The heatsink accually feels alittle warmer than room temp so i guess my temps arnt far off 30oc ?

Belive me if the heatsink starts to get hot you got problems, I.E. my dads old Heatsink which was running 60+

I dont know why people are worrying about which liquids conduct what or how many electrons are present in the liquid. If you read the guide posted above, you wont have to worry about liquids pouring out.

Oh and generally idle temperatures of a CPU will be roughly the same with water and air as the ambient temperatures will be the same, Its really the load temperatures which make water cooling worthwhile and good for OC'n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom