Windows Bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemik

Beta member
Hello all,
I turned on my PC this morning to find it would restart after the Windows Loading screen and give me the list of safe mode, etc. I went into safe mode but it done the same. This is also the case for all of the other options, including last configuration.
The previous night I received a BSOD (Blue screen of death) and there was a count up showing memory dump to hard drive. I read the instructions and as it said it was my first event and so I restart. However, I did restart when the counter was at around 34. Im guessing thats really a % and I should have waited until 100%?

What should I do guys?

Im going to have another go with repairing the Windows install but I couldnt see the usual "R" option.

I can get to the recovery console, but there is usually a repair option too.

Update:
I went into recovery console and tried bootcfg /scan and it said ther may be an error, etc.

So it told me to try a chkdisc. I typed chkdisc and received:

CHKDISC is checking the volume.
CHKDISC is performing additional check/recovery.
CHKDISC found one or more errors on volume.

How should I proceed?

Thanks.

looks like you got a virus :(

you tried repairing windows, and there was no luck?

lets see if other people can give you an option other than installing another OS

I insert my recovery Windows disc and go to the option where it says Install Windows XP, etc, Use Recovery Console and then Exit. I choose option one (Install Windows XP) and there is usually a repair button, but that doesn't show.
I use NOD32 so I dont know how I got a virus.

Any suggestions for either outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom