what virus software

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
my dads wants to buy some virus software, what is a good virus program that works but doesn't eat up cpu?

NOD32 Antivirus

Exteremely small footprint.

System Requirements:
300Mhz Pentium/Celeron/AMD Processor
128MB RAM
30MB Free Disk Space
Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/2000/2003/XP operating system

However, it uses 19MB of RAM, and only delays windows loading by 5 seconds.

And it catches all the viruses :)

anybody else wanna verify, cause I need something that can really keep a computer clean for a retard (my dad) even with sp2 and mozillla and adaware.

I will confirm what TallDude said. I have used NOD32 now for over a year and i have to say it is the best Anti-Virus software that i have found.

I have used symantec in the past and everyone that I have ever known has had their computers destroyed by Symantec. I have a pal at work who had Symantec for one year and it destroyed his hard drive.

While I have to admit the price tag on NOD looks great, the most important consideration to me is the ability to protect your computer with at least an anti-virus scanner and firewall. I preferr Mc Affee becuase it also comes with a privacy filter and spam control. Norton has both but automatically deactivates both. Mc Afee preferrs to protect your computer in the back ground. Symantec would rather not protect it.

Have not investigated NOD much but for my money it would be between Mc Affee and NOD. I would never do any business with Symantec ever again. It almost destroyed my computer.

doesn't symantec make norton? i personally like mcafee internet security because of all the extra features he^^ said. for free AV avg free works pretty well.

give me a friggin break, you dont even want to hear what I have to say about that, Symantec destroying a hard drive, thats the most stupidest remark I have ever heard of....who the **** would beleive that?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom