Help!!! My Pc Doesnt Turn On

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilnpatel

In Runtime
Hi i have just "tried @ to build the following computer:
Asus TA212 Silver midi tower 360W ATX +audio +USB2.0 ports

Intel Pentium® 4 D 805 Dual core 2x2.66GHz 533FSB LGA775 2x1MB cache Retail inc.Fan (3 year warranty) Needs Intel 945 chipset or newer. 1

80 GB Seagate Barracuda® SATA 7200rpm 8MB cache HDD with NCQ oem (Manufacturer's 5yr Warranty)

Corsair® Value Select 512Mb DDR PC3200 (VS512MB400)

Asus P5VD1-X Skt 775 PT880 Ultra 1066FSB PCI-E +AGP 8x SATA RAID Giga LAN 6 ch.audio Dual-Core compatible ATX

I have corrected everything correctly but it just does not show anything on screen. I am using an old AGP gfx card which works, as i am using it right now in another computer, but have also tried a more powerful graphocs card which has failed.

I have tried it out of its case on foam,just incase it has shorted. Any sugestions to the proeblem would be grate as i am planning on returning it on monday-but i doubt they will accept it.

Thanks

did you connect the 4pin plug? if you didnt then do it
T1_-1_1271043.JPG

i doubt a 360w psu is good enough to handle that rig in a stable manner, its amper rating are likely not enough

You should have everything plug in correctly that mean the P1 connector from the PSU for your ATX motherboard connected to supply power to the motherboard. The power on switch plug, HDD LED, Power LED from the case needs to be correctly plug in, refer to the MB documents. Next first thing you want to check is to see if the Powersupply fans start up, if not start diagnosing it. Check that it's at 115v for American household or 220v for Europe. Check that the PSU is turn on (the - should be down and the O should be up). Now the motherboard, should have an indication (a LED on it that turns on if it is reciveing power). The steps to follow is first check power cables and or plug are correct, then PSU, then MB then CPU, then RAM. At this point you don't need the Video card or any other hardware. If you can successfully get it to boot up and hear long beeps with no visual that would just indicate you don't have a vid card. That's what you want to happen. Hope that's clear...

Probelms for me:

AGP card is 1 or 2x
No speaker in case/beeper
connected everything up.

ATM there is only processor, ram and mobo on it, plus gfx

ok i just got a pci express card, but it still does not work.do i need to connect the hdisk and everything for it to work,because atm only core components are connected.

ok well it still isnt workin, do u think it could be a compatioblity issue.

In theory if the processor has fried the mobo will turn on and say processos failure r suming,

what do u mean the power swich, could i use two power supplies, as in one for the atx and the other 4 pin one

umm no because it only goes in one way because some of the connections are circles, tricnagles and qsquares .

Do you think that the psu is too low for:

the mobo
1gb ram
dual core processor
gefore 6600 pci express

no hdisk or cd drives is connected atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom