i need help .. my router ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

free4eveeer

Solid State Member
plz guyz i need ur help (i'll try give most all the details here) .. i have a wireless 3com router connected to 512 kb/s DSL .. we are four computers connected to its 4 ports .. 2 PCs are connected with 100 meters of CAT5 cable .. and the 3rd 50 meteres and the 4th only less than 10 meteres .. the problem is when one of the users downloading anything with even only 15 kb of the whole 50+kb we have all other PCs just dies .. we cant even open a website .. i put Netlimiter 2 on my pc to c whats going on .. and i find internet explorer takes like 15 to 20 seconds before it even start to load .. and when it does it takes 2 or 3 seconds and rests again and so on .. i may stay like 2 min. to open a website . also when im downloading with bitcomet and my PC is the only one in the network i limit it to 5 kb down and 5 up .. also it kills my connection and i cant open anything .. im not sure if its a router problem or cables one .. i thought of buying a switch or something .. plz i need ur advice guys and dont hesitate to ask for more details .

I wanted to know, is this happening to all computer, does it happen with the PCs that are using 100m cables? Have you tried using just a single computer connected directly to the DSL modem using a shorter cable perhaps just 10m to see if the problems with the lag goes away? Have you updated the firmware for your router?

the problem is that the router is at my friends place .. and the cable to here is exactly 100m .. so i cant make it short . and the firmware is updated .. what really makes me mad is that when im alone in the network i get max 25 - 28 kb/s although i should have 60 -64 kb/s normally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom