Jumper caps - DFI Lanparty SLI-DR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also why the **** my PCI card doesn't wanna go in :( or why it is soo hard to put in shall i say

None of my expansions want to go in properly... can you help me out.. the 7900GTX in a DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR would i have to remove the fan on the motherboard to stick it in as the 7900 is huge

Pictures to help as no-one is replying:

PCI-E Where i dont know if there will be enough room with the DFI fan in the way:

PCI Card being placed in - dont wanna force it but it doesnt wanna go in quite hardly either

You need a satisfying push into the slot, make sure it is lined up properly and push in.

Ok thanks but still need an answer for the fan is the fan removeable on the motherboard as the 7900GTX has no room for it i dont think

nope. one thing some people have been doing (including myself over this weekend while i was tidying up my case) is switching the board to SLI mode which will make the second x16 slot 8x bandwidth. put it in the second slot and it will clear the fan and give you better chipset temps. it probably shouldn't bottleneck at all. my card bottlenecks a bit but thats because of the TurboCache, it needs higher bandwidth to use system memory.

But isn't 8x a bit of a waste of time going to PCI-E?

Also there is a lot of stuff in the way then.. stupid nvidia and their bob why they make such a big gfx card anyway

No, it will not use all the 8x bandwidth, it can also still read and write at the same time, unlike AGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom