Temporary Video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry Viking

Baseband Member
Hi,

I'm looking for a video card that supports directx 9 just to tide me for a couple of months (June/July) until i build a new pc with a 7900gt. Right now i've been playing games with my mx4000, and i'm just getting tired of it. Whats a good card thats about $100-$150 AUS that will play alot of games like HL2, Far Cry and ut 2004 decently? It doesn't have to max out the games on high, but atleast play games smoothly. I was thinking of a 6200 or a 9600xt, what are your guy's reccomendations?

Thanks in advance.

My son has a ATI 9600XT and he plays those games on around low to med setting in 1024 x 768.

He has a P4 2.6 Ghz 400 FSB
768MB Ram

Honestly, $150 AUS won't get you anything better than the 6800XT, which is a good video card, but doens't compare to the 7900GT at all. But your looking at the AGP interface right? If so your choices are quite limited and then I'd suggest upgrading to a PCI-express, Socket AM2 motherboard in June or July. Then I'd wait for the G80's as by then the G80's will be a few months away.

yeh i'm looking for just a cheap agp card to tide me over till i build my whole new pc on the release of conroe/am2, then i'll buy a 7900gt.

My opinion is if your not waiting that long just save the money you would have spent on this card and use it in June/July for a nice card. It will pass it's not that long of a wait. my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom