keeping side of case off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridlyn said:
wowowowowowo. So what you're saying is you're vcore is 1.968v, if so you have thay WAY to high, the max for 24/7 use is 1.5/1.6v. Thats why you're getting such high temps, not because ur case cant handle it but becouse ur vcore is redicously high. Take the down to atleast 1.6v

its in my other post that i made and i cannot drop it down to 1.6 until i fix another problem that i have... (actually i think you alreay went to that post and replied) and oh well that post is here(if you wanna look at where the question about keeping the side off came from):
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99572

if you keep your pc in a clean area and off carpet with the side panel off then it shouldnt be a problem just clean the dust out every once in a while.

2 reasons to keep your side panel on:

1) Taking it off will mess with your air flow.

2) Taking it off will remove your EMI shielding.

with the side panel off, you risk leaking EMI which MIGHT interfere with certain electrical devices like cordless phones. otherwise, dust should be your main concern.

More to the point EMI from phones, monitors, desk fans Etc wil interfere with your PC.

I used to have my side panel off all the time. If I didn't, the CPU would overheat and the system would crash. (This was during the summer also, when it was kinda hot outside too)
since then I've cut a hole in the side and added an 80mm fan above the CPU

so, yes, having your side panel off does help reduce temperatures. the hot air doesn't stay in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom