Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31-35

• <36

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't you the one that said that this was a Hypothetical situation and that we had $600? $600 gets you the 7900GTX, the better card according to the 3 best Hardware review sites that reviewed it.

You got the X1900XTX and you're talking about Price/Performance? You just HAD to have the 25/50 more I guess...:rolleyes:

Green Radience said:
Weren't you the one that said that this was a Hypothetical situation and that we had $600? $600 gets you the 7900GTX, the better card according to the 3 best Hardware review sites that reviewed it.

You got the X1900XTX and you're talking about Price/Performance? You just HAD to have the 25/50 more I guess...:rolleyes:

the 7900gtx is only better by minute amounts on some websites. other show the X1900XTX to be better by these same minute amounts. so seeing that these cards are basically equal, i dont see wuts wrong with having a little bit more money

OK there is obviously some problem with you guys understanding this part; I-dont-give-a-flying-hoot-about-other-benchmarking-websites.

Anandtech
[H]ardOCP
Guru3D

The 3 best hardware sites that reviewed the 7900GTX. Go look at those benchmarks. Guru3D and [H]ardOCP show the 7900GTX beating the X1900XTX. Anandtech shows them being equal. Those are the only benchmarks one needs to look at to see the performance of these cards. I would've looked at Xbit Labs, but they didn't review it.

No reliable Hardware Review Site shows the X1900XTX beating the 7900GTX.

well i dont see why you would spend $600 for the gtx when the gt is perfectly fine for around $320, that little lit of an edge is ludacris for $300 extra. the ati top end is also overpriced, but ranges more in selection.
i havent got my 7900gt yet but i would of payed even more for it, seeing the reviews its getting

Chill man, they are both great cards, and if you used two PCs and you didnt know their specs, and they were exactly the same except one had a 7900GTX and the other X1900XTX, you would not be able to tell the difference. He got it for $469, and that is a very good deal.

The 7900GTX beats the X1900XTX in some games when showing raw rendering. Since the 7900GTX can't render the features that the X1900s can they had to cut the major advantage of the X1900 cards so that it would be fair comparison.

The 7900GTX is like a 400 horse power car and the X1900XTX is like a 370 horse power car with extra luxuries. The 7900GTX has a slightly more powerful engine the the X1900XTX but the X1900XTX has nice add-on features that makes the driving experience more enjoyable. Since the 7900GTX doesn't have those features a review company can only compare things that both cars can do, so in case of graphics benchmarks they can only compare the raw power of the engines. While the 7900GTX does have TR SSAA, it doesn't have the great effect that HQAF has. I like HQAF over TR SSAA.

People with 7900GTXs can go ahead and get an extra 7fps while I still get a very nice framerate with the pleasures of HQAF, AAA, and HDR+AA. Like 003 said, right now the frame rates are so high from these cards that if you compared two different rigs with similar setups you won't be able to tell the X1900XTX from the 7900GTX with no identifible settings (no HQAF, AAA, etc.)

You can't compare these cards just by the benchmarks that were nerfed down to make it fair. Is it fair to compare the 7900GTX with raw settings compared to the X1900XTX with HQAF on? No it's not. This is also why I don't look at [H]ardOCP benchmarks because they put on the extra features; like in BF2, it compares with the X1900XT giving HQAF which would obviously reduce frames, resulting in an unbalanced comparison.

I guess if you feel like having 100fps over 94fps with raw settings, go ahead and spend 50 more dollars and waiting for it to be instock to get the 7900GTX.

Nvidia concentrates on raw power and nothing but it.

ATI focuses more on the technical aspects of things such as image quality, being able to enable HDR and AA at the same time, and having more shaders.

Not saying one is better than the other, as Nvidia's cards have almost always beaten ATI's by 5 FPS or so. But for me, since both cards perform awesome to the point where they get more FPS than anyone needs, I'd rather take the quality minus a few FPS that aren't noticeable by the human eye when compared to the 7900GTX and pay less.

The only thing Nvidia has going for it in realistic terms for the 7900GTX is SLI (which is a huge waste of money and not even closed to being 'valuable) and Nvidia's reputation.

Well, I just benched 10,960 in 3Dmark05 at stock speeds.

Opty 150
X1900XTX

Nothing is OC'ed yet.

I wonder how high I can get this sucker... I'm more then happy right now. Since my other system only benches 6100 if i'm lucky...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom