X1800GTO on Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
X1800GTO on Newegg

Okay ... so it's an OEM, but still it's $20 less than the MSRP and it just went on sale :D

It's going to ruin the 7600 series I'd imagine, but I guess we'll have to wait for benchies.

Discuss ...

256MB GDDR3 256-bit memory... thats not good news for the 7600!

Definitely, I just wonder if it's significantly slower memory clock can still compensate for it's ~400 mhz memory loss compared to the 7600GT though. ATI should allow partners to OC though so it can gain more of an advantage.

What a price!! :O. I have the X1900XT so im not bothered.

The spam is appreciated.

if i remember correctly (i usually dont) ATI has always had a bit of slower clocks than the cards' nvidia counterparts....well, yeah, so they still performed about the same. isnt like amd/intel effect, where intel pushes high clocks and amd lower clocks but different design? please correct me if im completely off the subject, heh

That's really dissapointing to see that the 7600GT usually ties or wins by a bit under that resolution, it's nice to see ATI's cards are hardly crippled by heavy AA and AF and they can use HDR and AA at the same time where as Nvidia's cannot. I think for $25 I'd stick with the X1800GTO, because the whole idea of a 128-bit memory interface is a real "turn off" when you think about future games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom