how to overclock my cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
hi everyone

can anyone here tell me how to overclock my cpu? , and is it safe to overclock?

my cpu is p4 (3.2GHZ, 1MB L2, 800FSB)

edit:and is there away to unlock a multiplier in my cpu? or is there a way to speed up my cpu without getting heated or damaged?

well im no expert, but i dont think you can really damace the pentiums that easy cos they usully shut down before overheating so you know if youve gone to far, but providing it dosnt get hotter than about 50'C then ya all good, monitor the temp on pc wizard 06, and all ya do is raise the fsb in the bios, you should read the sticky on how to do it tho, but its not as dangereous as it first appears

Keadonen said:
can someone expalin what a sticky is? lol ive been wondering for a while.
Its just a thread that has been "stickied" to stay at the top of the forum section for easy reference. Youll see them, they say something like "Important:____"

Just check the overclocking section for overclocking tips and guides. Its very simple and shouldnt damage your cpu unlesss you do it very wrong. :confused:

as far as i know unless you increase voltage heat won't increase... so see what you can get w/o raising voltage. then after that take it slowly..

heat will increase very slightly with clock speed i believe but it is mostly voltage that increases temps. sufficient cooling is a must not only to prevent overheating but to actually achieve higher clock speeds. the higher the frequency the lower the maximum temperature threshold, meaning that the processor will make errors at a lower temperature the higher you overclock.

heat will increase very slightly with clock speed

Yup, that's right. The cpu still has to do more work than at stock speeds so it will produce a slight bit more heat.

wait wat? if your temperature is lower, and you OC your CPU, it will make MORE or less errors? isnt the point of keeping your temperature low to make sure your CPU doesn make errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom