beating a ps3/xbox360? possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get me wrong i think pc's woop consols anyday at pritty much everything but im pritty sure you can do most of the things mentioned on the 360

I heard about a version of linux being used, you can view photos etc and the power avaliable for the price IS amazing

(i dont own either console atm, will be PS3 in future prob.)

But then PC will always have the edge over a console through their:

Upgradeability (although the consoles are expandable)

User choice

Way that we use it (never seen a 360 with a mouse, Imagine doin Photoshop airbrushing with a controller *shivvers*)

Its only stupid Chav people who are technologically inept that will truly belive a 360 kills a PC (unless the pc has got a Cyrix 200Mhz cpu lol)

No PC that a consumer can pratically build today will out perform an Next Generation console with the execption of the Nintendo's in raw video and processing power.

Computers have other uses which is why I prefer them.

Only the Nintendo's next generation system will be low end. Nintendo themselves have said they are using cheap parts to lower costs. They claim it is their pathetic innovation that matters when they have none to begin with. Besides my hate for them they are using low end parts.

Juice Daddy said:
no body every seems to point this out:

all the games are made on a computer!

Have fun trying to make a game on a console. They are dedicated machines.

You can also veiw web pages on the 360 (sort of with a MCE add on, and use a USB keyboard to type web sites and use the MCE controller to point I assume.)

Tyler1989 said:
No PC that a consumer can pratically build today will out perform an Next Generation console with the execption of the Nintendo's in raw video and processing power.

Computers have other uses which is why I prefer them.

Only the Nintendo's next generation system will be low end. Nintendo themselves have said they are using cheap parts to lower costs. They claim it is their pathetic innovation that matters when they have none to begin with. Besides my hate for them they are using low end parts.

but did you see the new controllers? they say its a totally different experience.. i wouldn't mind trying it! its also reverse compatible.. would like to see how zelda the windwaker plays on it.

I wouldn't buy a Nintendo console now. Xbox and Playstation dominate the console market, and some of the good games aren't on Nintendo. And, as someone has already said, they're going to be using lower-spec parts than the 360 and PS3.

im definitely waiting for the PS3 no matter the price, ill just wait a few months after it comes out and buy it for a lower price, its definitely worth it, from the gameplay i have seen. the best video of ACTUAL gameplay i seen is the one for Killzone, its definitely better than a xbox 360.

As for building a PC that can beat an Console is pretty easy, consoles get changed every 5 years, computers get upgrades every like 2-3 months. in like 1 year, you'll probably be able to build a computer for $2000 that can beat an Xbox for sure. But for now, you can spend about a good $2000 to either match or beat it.

The Xbox 360's "Tri-core" IBM CPU that each run at 3.2Ghz is equivalent to a hybrid celeron 1.7Ghz. The Xbox's CPU was a hybrid Celeron model that ran at 733mhz. So to put it into perspective for you the Xbox 360's CPU isn't that powerful and is just about 2.5x more powerful than the XBox's CPU. Most desktop PC CPUs would own the Xbox 360's CPU.

The video card of the Xbox 360 is quite powerful, but could most likely be matched by a highly OC'd 7900GTX I imagine.

The memory can't really be compared to computer memory since it's half as much as most gaming computers have but it runs at DDR3 speeds, which hasn't been released in computers quite yet.

But you have to remember that the Xbox 360's play games ... and that's about it, no real OS or other functions they can perform. With a computer you have a tool, and Xbox 360 is a toy.

wow that doesnt sounds impressive at all. seems like the new amd 3400+ dual core processors could woop up on a xbox 360 :D

and for a vcard. heck i could go dual 256 7800 or 7900 and totally be in the clear. and still keep it moderately priced. not to mention a physx card tooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom