ageia physx ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't wait for that card, gonna get me one for pci-ex1... hopefully works with sli, wouldnt mind having both to push those extra frames... 2 7900's and a physx card.. now that would be tasty :)

Well the inquirer said there will be a 256mb GDDR3 version of the card, and they wouldn't attach that memory unless the card itself needed it, and that means it's gotta be quite powerful and would bottleneck under PCI for sure, probably even the lower versions of PCI-e.

No PCI wouldnt bottleneck it or else they wouldnt release it for PCI. Also, quit saying youll hope it will work w/ SLI because obviously it does. Matter a fact Quad SLI in Dells new machine.

Ok guys go buy a $300 piece of hardware that works with very few games. Very good choice. Obviously I have seen the videos but big whoop its not gonna change any game that doesn't support it. Even the games that will use it won't be have great of a difference. Obviously you guys don't know that they are trying to make there product look like the best thing since sliced bread.

I believe these cards will be awesome in the future but for now SLI would be a better buy. But hey its your guys money so buy what you want. Just don't attack me for saying it won't make games much better at this point in time.

Oh yea? There as many games for SLI as there are for PhysX cards. All its gonna take is a patch for older games as soon as the PPUs are out. You need to optimize the WHOLE game for SLI. Not to mention it costs a whole 'heck' of alot more for little performance difference. Also your pitiful SLI cant make a game look like that, sorry. SLI was nothing in 98 and its nothing in 06.

Lol my pitiful SLI. I don't even own SLI nor do I plan to any time soon. I'm just telling you don't get your hopes all up thinking this PPU is gonna be the best thing ever.

really in the future? cause thats when the PhysX card just happens to come out, and the games that support it, wat are the odds.

Guys its not gonna stay for $300, thats ridiculous, it'll clearly drop drastically to like $150, they arent gonna make a big profit if they sell its $300. PhysX rox, i cant wait for UNreal Tournament 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom