overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i answered my ? after getting feedback from ppl

i thought it was bad but just needed to check

n whats with u n being on my case? seriously....like did u NEED to write that?

how far can u overclock a system?
is it as far as u can cool it...or is there a limit?

You gotta think about stability too. If you overclock your system and all it does is crash on you, then you are not gaining anything.

overclocking can help if you computer is not working as well as you want it to just make sure you have proper cooling and dont over do it.

You also have to consider voltage while OCing. When I first OCed my processor (2000+) I didn't change the CPU voltage, so when I would start doing anything the computer would crash. I turned up the voltage a little, and wow, everything works fine.

My processor is default 1.67Ghz and I have it running at 2.09Ghz. The only thing holding me back is ram and cooling. I have PC-2700 and I don't want to OC it. The default FSB of my processor is 266, so right now I have it running 333Mhz, which is fine. I love AMD.

Also, I used to have an 1800+ T-BRED that I OCed to 2.3Ghz, that thing was a monster.

guess123 said:
yeah i answered my ? after getting feedback from ppl

i thought it was bad but just needed to check

n whats with u n being on my case? seriously....like did u NEED to write that?

oooooo, look at Mr. Moody...
I'm sure the comment made was all in good fun, take it easy.

My processor is default 1.67Ghz and I have it running at 2.09Ghz. The only thing holding me back is ram and cooling. I have PC-2700 and I don't want to OC it. The default FSB of my processor is 266, so right now I have it running 333Mhz, which is fine. I love AMD.

Hi. im a newbie in overclocking and i have an athlon xp 2200+ but i cant seen to make it reach 2.00 ghz. i made it up to 1.9 but my comp crashes. how did u make urs reach 2.3? could it be becoz of my mobo?

Probably a case of managing the voltage properly... and sometimes downclocking the RAM if it's not rated for high enough frequencies. On my "rig" ;) the ratio is 5/4 because the RAM can't go up any higher without becoming unstable.

P4 2.4 is overclocked to 3.006, haven't had a problem yet and I have 3 years warranty on the processor, even with the OC :) 5x 80mm fans keep the thing cooler than a lot of people with stock computers, so I'm happy with that :) They all came with the case lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom