Can I Build this PC for less Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Radience said:
A new heatsink would be nice, but it is not required. And when you overclock, you overclock the whole system. Basically, that means CPU and Memory, and that is explained in the guides I sent you.

Alright. What kind would you recommend?

Haven't had time to read those guides yet. :)

Thanks!

titan vanessa l-types has had good reviews.
big typhoon and zalmans are what everyone seems to go for.
the sonic tower or x-90 are good passive heatsinks

Should I get this eVGA card for only $10 more than the Leadtek? I have heard good things about eVGA.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130281

Also, I am not interested in HDTV or anything like that so could I get a different card that does not have this for cheaper that would perform just as well?

I have all the parts picked out accept for the video card. I don't think I will be able to have the money to purchase the parts for another week though, but that is ok because the cards are out of stock anyways.

Thanks for all the help!

No, there is nothing else that you can get. Faster cards aren't for HDTV, they're for better performance (and higher resolutions in some cases).

And yea, that eVGA card's price dropped from $360 so yes, it would be a good alternative.

Green Radience said:
No, there is nothing else that you can get. Faster cards aren't for HDTV, they're for better performance (and higher resolutions in some cases).

And yea, that eVGA card's price dropped from $360 so yes, it would be a good alternative.

Alright, thank you very much!

Green Radience said:
Opinions are like a$$holes :) Everyone's got one...

Bub, these are forums. People come to forums to discuss and ask questions. When your asking people for advice they are going to give thier opinion. I gave mine and you gave yours just like all the other members.

When your building a gaming rig the three most important things to spend your money on is the CPU, GPU, and RAM. HDDs are not a priority. My opinion is that since you already got a 160gig hard drive you should not get a raptor and use that 100 dollars (price of small raptor) and put it to the most important parts of the gaming system. I would rather get an X-Fi soundcard then a raptor (and yes Green, that is an opinion :rolleyes:.)

I recommend the Zalmans and Big Typhoon heatsinks, and get some AS5 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom