Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31-35

• <36

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that there is a lot of biased opinions for Nvidia. I like Nvidia and EVGA is the best video card manufacture out there, but Sapphire is right along side evga. ATI and Sapphire are really great companies to get your cards from, so I see no reason not to get an ATI card when you get the cards from them. I'm not going to pick a card just because I like the company, I go for features, price, and performance. I won't be supprised if the R600 will beat out the G80 but since ATI keeps their lips shut tight it's very hard to tell.

Avalanch3 said:
i see....but when the G80 is due for release everyone will be talking about there new range of cards....and all there newer features....so to me you will never be on top of technology...unless you own nvidia or sumthing haha then you get the cards for free

I know there will always be another set of cards coming out all the time but the reason this is big is because it supports DirectX 10, SM 4.0 and probably will have GDDR4 memory.

Also SLI is more wasteful since it would probably be better to get a PPU instead of an extra card in SLI.

Beefcake said:
Also SLI is more wasteful since it would probably be better to get a PPU instead of an extra card in SLI.
Not to mention what I said "when the 7900GTX becomes so slow that you need to get another one for SLI, assuming they have come down in price enough that you can just run out and get another one, I don't like the idea of going SLI later down the road. I'd much rather get a new video card with new features, such as unified shader architecture, DX10, Shader model 4, etc..."

Well, I bit the bullet. I ordered the $489 Sapphire X1900XTX from newegg. It should be here tomorrow "Friday". I put "next day" on it so I could have it for this weekend.

This is the last and final piece to my new gamer. I'm pretty excited to finish this thing and get it up and running. All I have to do is install the videocard and OS, Drivers and Appz. Once I get that done, i'll post some pics. I'm using the TT Shark case that my brother and I modded and I think there were some people interested in see it. So i'll make a thread "somewhere".

Then for the weekend... Benchmarking and Burn in & i'm going to install all of my best games on it. Should be a fun weekend.

My goal is to get my Opty 150 running stable at 2.8Ghz and may-be 3.0Ghz if i'm lucky. Then it's game on.

If all goes well, this PC should last me a few years. I'll probably use it for another year and build another new one next year when new / mature stuff comes out.... (Possibly a Vista machine)

ah... There is no guarantee on any of that stuff man. They might or might not produce a few cards to test out the GDDR4 chips before R600's. My guess is they WON'T be a mass produced item.

And my luck would be, I'd wait until the day they were released... Hope on ever retailer website only to find them out of stock... Basically what has happened with the 7900 series.

I'm happy. The "waiting" game sucks... I want gaming and I want it now. I'll just buy another card later if I want to . That's the luxury of having (2) jobs. Buy what you want, when you want...

Why does the 7900GTX have more votes! The X1900XTX has proved to be the better card. Go with the X1900XTX!!

Like H3ll. Nothing credible shows the X1900XTX beating the 7900GTX, and everything credible shows the 7900GTX beating the X1900XTX. Fanboys >_<.

Green Radience said:
Like H3ll. Nothing credible shows the X1900XTX beating the 7900GTX, and everything credible shows the 7900GTX beating the X1900XTX. Fanboys >_<.

lol come on...

What do you call credible? Seriously. NVIDIA Fanboys?

Every major review site that i've seen has mostly unbiasd reviews suggesting that, "The X1900XT & 7900GTX are fairly equal."
The X1900XTX is better at somethings and the 7900GTX is better at somethings. The bottomline is the X1900XTX is readily available and in some cases is much cheaper then the 7900GTX.

When it comes to 3 to 5% either way, i'll take price/performance over "King of The Hill".

Well, price performance certainly did come through for me. I bought the
Sapphire X1900XTX - OEM form newegg and they only charged me $469 when it was marked $489. Why? I don't know.

It just arrived today, and when i get home from work i'm going to install it and fire up my new gamer... I'll post pics later tonight...

woot!!!!

Now I need the ASUS Ageia Card... and i'm all set...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom