It's time to chill out.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Alright, Ive decided I really wanna OC my FX55. So, I wanna install a Zalman 9500. Thing is............I don't have a clue how to install one. LOL Mind helping me? :)

Thanks guys.

Is there any good cooling solution that doesnt involve really invasive installation? I'd rather not have to remove the mobo to install.

Your best bet is to take the motherboard out (may require a new back plate anyway.) and practise putting it on with out the thermal paste. It is not really that easy to describe what to do really (I attempted to just now but ended up with me saying 'thing' alot.)

i say you just do a small overclock to 2.8 to match the fx57... or even 3.0.. to outdo it, i don't even think a small jump like that would require you get a new hsf

Yea, if you go with the Zalman 9500 it requires the use of a backplate on a socket 939, bt don't worry it comes with it. Also, go to the zalman website, they have installation videos that will help you.

Thanks guys. It's not that I mind working inside my comp, it's just I'm paranoid of screwing something up. LOL As for OCing even 'slightly' without new cooling...............I don't think it's a good idea. I havent been doing anything hardly at all and my CPU is at 48*C right now. My multiplier is at x13 now and the farthest I can bump it without locking up my comp is x13.5. So, when I start upping my FSB, even just a little, the temps start sky rocketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom