Asus Motherboard Reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis1331

Baseband Member
I'm Sorry but I have another question.

I've decided that because I can't get the MSI mobo from the local store, I am going to spend a little more and get the ASUS A8N5X (Athlon 64/X2/FX, Socket 939, nForce 4, ATX, 4GB DDR, 2 GHz - SKU: A8N5X) mobo.

Does anyone have any comments on that board? Is it a reliable board that won't give me any troubles?

i don't know too much about it but basically the general word is to avoid Asus s939 boards if possible. i have heard of some pretty horrendous glitches. one of the forum members (DJ-CHRIS if i remember correctly) put an axe through his Asus motherboard he hated it so much and i remember him describing it as a common issue with the Asus s939 boards

I have an Asus board and its awesome. best thing i ever bought but is newest one out so they might have made some changes that this mobo doesnt have.

nitestick said:
i don't know too much about it but basically the general word is to avoid Asus s939 boards if possible. i have heard of some pretty horrendous glitches. one of the forum members (DJ-CHRIS if i remember correctly) put an axe through his Asus motherboard he hated it so much and i remember him describing it as a common issue with the Asus s939 boards
you cant say all asus s939 mobos are bad just cuz one of em is if at all , what were those glitches exactly? , lol a person that uses an AXE on the mobo must be reallly really SICK

i never said that they were all bad. in fact i never said any were at all. i said that this is what i have heard. now i see no reason to buy a motherboard from a series that has a bad reputation when there are plenty of other reputable manufacturers like MSI, DFI, Gigabyte and so on. i can not speak for all the motherboards and i have no problem with Asus's general level of quality, just their s939 boards. the few i have encountered were not my favourite experiences of pc's. once again i re-iterate, why would it be a good idea to buy a motherboard from a series in disrepute when there are plenty of others without such blemishes to their name?

indid you didnt say that but there are alot of ways to say everything and it just sounded like it although you didnt use those exact words , anyway thats what i meant you think it have "bad reputation" just cuz of a few cases which might not even be the mobos fault also alot of mobo *glitches* are usally fixed on bios updates , all hard drives fail from all manufactureres and you always see a this died here and this there and i had it for X time threads. does that mean all hard drive manufacureres have"bad reputation" ? no it only means things happen , and even the other "reputable manufacturers" you mentioned have issues sometimes , and what you heard isnt nessiarly true in alot of cases the person dont know what to do to get things going his way so he blames it on the part itself in this case the mobo

jeremy said:
you cant say all asus s939 mobos are bad just cuz one of em is if at all , what were those glitches exactly? , lol a person that uses an AXE on the mobo must be reallly really SICK

Yes, im sick.

Anyways lately Asus have produced alot of shitty *** 939 boards with terrible relability problems. It's easy enough to find these horror stories.

However for Intel their still great, and if an AMD board works and doesnt have problems it's also good.

And I did really axe an A8V Deluxe.

I can't speak for that specific board, but my AMD 2400+ XP CPU is in an ASUS A7V8X board, and I have NEVER had a problem with it... it has run Windows 2000 in the past, and is now only running Fedora Core 5.

Ethereal_Dragon said:
I can't speak for that specific board, but my AMD 2400+ XP CPU is in an ASUS A7V8X board, and I have NEVER had a problem with it... it has run Windows 2000 in the past, and is now only running Fedora Core 5.

Those were decent except a power problem.

I have always used ASUS boards, and only once did I have a problem with a fan on the mobo dying and overheating my northbridge I think it was the Asus A7V8X? That was a while ago though.

Im now upgrading again with another ASUS board, the A8N-SLI Deluxe. Great board according to reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom