Impressive? or am i just too happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with mr.coffee because my 1900+ runs at 1.6 ghz stock and yours is a 2400+ yours was downclocked dude.

how much did the phase change cooling cost? and yeha it looks to me that its underclocked too. could be but i dont know why both chips u have are both at the same speeds.

nah they both run at the same speeds. and i dont think they are underclocked becuase when i clear the CMOS it goes the fsb goes back down to 100mhz. it could be the mobo because it could be automatically set at 100mhz.

the phase was about $900. and yea both the chips run at the same speed. its weird?

sounds like an odd setup, throuroughbred chips run at 133-166Mhz FSB So I guess your FSB must be overclocked but 100Mhz is a definate underclock.
Are you sure thats real PC3200 you have in there? for example I have PC3200 RAM but my system reports it as PC3400 because of the overclock.
throuroughbred cores do run at a high frequency anyway, the Bartons are only more powerfull because of they have double the L2 cache. I think he fastest throuroughbred runs at either the same speed or faster than the fastest Barton Mhz wise.

o ok, thats some good info. so what would be the stock mhz on it. 133 mhz? also yea its pc3200. cpu-z and everest show it as pc3200 so im pretty sure it is. maybe it says that because i ran a divider, it was stock at 400mhz (i know wierd) and i dropped it to 266 mhz. so maybe that is why it shows it at not stock speeds. i will set the ram back to stock and see what cpu-z says the speeds are at. any info on what a good overclock for this cpu would be?

also does anyone know where i can get 2 eVGA 7900gtx's. ive looked everywhere. any suggestions would be nice. thanks

I'm guessing you're running a 166MHz chip on a 200MHzDDR board, the ram is slightly underclocked (assuming its stock PC3200) and the CPU internal speed is up by 350MHz because of the higher FSB.

Its a reasonable overclock because XP chips do run hot, if you can keep the temp down you should be able to push it further.. dunno, not really OCd a system where the board and ram where faster then the chip, guess you wont have problems with your ram overheating though :)
Bump the Chip voltage and take her up to 200+

i got my phase back this week, so i will be doing some testing this weekend with my friend. my hard drive crashed so now i have to load windows on another hd and download all the programs, ugh. i hope this one doesnt have a cold bug like the last one. *cross my fingers* lol.

wtk pro l said:
o and pzerofgh i know its 23 seconds, thats why i typed 23s. the s meaning seconds, yea.

nah you had 2.3s on your EDIT part then you must have edited again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom