Critique my setup on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnoyboldstar

Solid State Member
Critique this setup for me please. this guy is selling all this stuff local, and im on a budget, so advise me whether or not this is a good deal. heres the stuff and prices. keep in mind all stuff is used.

$100 - AMD Athlon64 3000+ (Venice Core) @ 1.8Ghz Socket 939

$200 - ATI Radeon X800XL 256mb PCI Express
or
$75 - BFG GeForce 6800 OC 128mb AGP

$70 - Corsair TwinX Ram CMX512-3200C2PT (2x512mb)

$75 - OCZ Modstream 520w PSU

$35 - ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm Heatsink

$75 - EPoX EP-9NPA3ULTRA ATX AMD Motherboard

plz tell me if this is a good deal? im on a budget, and mainly just want to play CS source with 99 fps if possible, and no lag. thanks. im a noob at comp parts, thanks.

well, the thing is this guy is local, and my budget is $600. but he said he can play all/most games on medium settings without lag.

If you had to choose between those gfx cards, get the 6800.But yeah, That isn't the best deal out there, but it's ok. Itll definetely be fine with CS.

1. That is a very good CPU and for the price because Monarch Computer, NewEgg, nor ZipZoomFly can't sell it that cheap. I checked.

2. That is a good motherboard. Go to AnandTech.com forums and check out the motherboard section. You'll find several posts concerning this mobo. Of course people writing in about the board are having some issues but tell me any piece of hardware that doesn't have somebody having some issue with some product. You'll find plenty or replies of people with good experiences. EPoX makes good, even great, motherboards.

3. Forget the AGP card. Go PCI-Express. Besides, that motherboard is only for PCI-E, not AGP. Here is a link to a review on the X800XL. I think you'll be pleased.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzAw

4. Solid RAM and PSU as well. You should be fine.

One last thing, if these are previously used parts I sure hope there is some warrenty provided. For $25.00 to $35.00 more you can get a brand new 64 3000+.

i have that same psu, i love it to no end. if you decide to build your own, atleast pick up that psu from him. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom