D 820 overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timaphillips

In Runtime
I remember reading something about jumpers on my mobo making my processor un-overclockable. Then I came across this on my computers specs. page:

"Clearing the password settings
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the system is running. Damage to the motherboard may result.

The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may disable password checking. To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:

1. Turn off the PC and unplug the power cord.
2. Move the jumper cap on jumper CLPWD to pins 1-2.
3. Plug the power cord and turn on the PC.
4. Hold down the F1 key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter/reset any custom BIOS settings.
5. After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, turn off the PC reset the jumper to pins 2-3"

I'm not touching it until I get some answers, so please help. This 2.8GHz is killing me...

well good luck with that

id say screw it, save up maybe, buy a decent mobo and cheap case( i doubt you can swap mobos in HP cases),then do it.

TheOtis said:
well good luck with that

id say screw it, save up maybe, buy a decent mobo and cheap case( i doubt you can swap mobos in HP cases),then do it.

Crap, I didn't even doubt that a new mobo wouldn't fit in my HP case...Although I have faith because it's brand new and a Media Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom