beating a ps3/xbox360? possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinracorp99

Solid State Member
Ok. im new to this forum. but here goes.

Im tired of listening to my friends saying "omg ur DuM, my xbox360 is teh pwnzor ur pc sucks" and "omg the new ps3 will pwn j000 and ur weak system anyday". But, as PC enthusiasts, arnt we all tired of this?

So my question to you all is.....

1) Can the specs and performance of the xbox360 be beat by a PC under $2000? xbox 360 is pretty cheap. I know the specs, and the physics xceleration/processor(s) being used. So this is no easy task.

2) Same thing, but PC Vs a Ps3 this round. Can it be beat for under 2 grand? Ps3 wont cost more than 1k so lets keep this system reasonable.

3) Why are PCs now BELOW the tech curve when comparing Specs and Price points. WTF is going on here and why am i mad when the $2-3k premade dell is beat upside its head by these systems. Heck, the New Dell Renegade Quad sli nvidia "should" beat out what the Ps3 can do, but costs like 4 grand or more!

4) cell processor is a monster. and xbox360 3 core processing at 3.2 ghz seems pretty mighty as well. So whats the processor that is better? intel dual-core 2.8 and above? 2 dual cores? 3 dual core 2.8's?

finally. im trying to make a new dell and jus wanna know why i cant beat these specs at an affordable price......im sad.... :(*** show me how to win....

thxkbyebye

First off, a console will never beat a PC fully. They may be on top in terms of graphics for now, but a PC will always be able to beat a console, easily. But in terms of cost, a console is probably better value than a PC. I dunno if a PC could beat a 360 for under $2000, since I don't know your currency.

I tried to make a budget system beating a Dell too, but it's nearly impossible, especially if you're including a monitor. Dell use generic cheap **** parts, that are especially made for them, so I doubt you can beat em.

o yeah. if im wrong on anything please inform me. im trying to figure out what the "pc equivelent" is to the ps3/xbox360. cuz if my new pc isnt better, what is the point of wasting 2 grand or more on it.

well if ur in america, you can build a pc for under 2 grand and out do a 360.. as for ps3, its out of pc league until dx 10 geforce 8's and physx cards, along with physx compatible games

and any computer custom building website will never beat a console... ever, they're so overpriced...

i know not everyone likes to build, but thats seems the only way you'll beat a console is building if you wanna keep it under 2 grand

yeah i know a console can never fully beat a PC. but the key point i shuold have stressed more is price and performance. i dont have 4 grand to make a god machine.

and like i jus posted above, i wanna make a system that can match the new consoles. cuz if not, then whats the point..

the point of a computer isnt just to game, if that is ur intentions, then just stick to consoles.. with a pc you can do so much more, such as graphic design, multitask, use things like aim, internet explore, burn cd's, have much higher gb's in space, the ability to upgrade whenever you want, do hw on it... if ur just gonna game, then don't get a comp

O by all means. im a PC junkie. i hate consoles LOL. i DO NOT want a xbox360/ps3 tbh. i am all about mmorpgs/fps/strategy/music/internet in general. I want the PC for all reasons PC. im jus saying, wtf is up with these consoles beating out pcs costing much more, and how do i beat them.

If you don't want to keep spending money on upgrading your computer to play games on high settings like they look on the 360, then you should just get a console. New consoles only come out only every five years or something, so it's a safe bet you'll get your moneys worth.

I'm curious... will anyone take me up on this?... list the computer parts you would have to have to build a computer that is equal to a XBOX360 or PS3's performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom