7900gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

trimmin

In Runtime
Hello guys. just purchased a pixleview7900gtx today. The problem i'm having is that on the 05 mark i see no improvement on the frameratefrom my 7800gt. I'm having trouble understanding why.. Any help would be appreciated. My system is down below.. Also with the xp overclocking tool my clock freq say 650 core clock and 800 memory clock... Is that right also? It should be 650 and 1600 i thought

well theres not that much of a diff between those two cards. theyre both awesome cards. what kind of card was ur 7800? and ur mem should be higher than that. and imo an eVGA 7900 is better than pixelview.

he didnt ask you to recommend him another card, if he wanted that he would have asked for it. Everybody know EVGA is a top line card but who wants to spend 1200NZ$ plus on one of those. And no there is miles of difference in performance between a 7800gt and a 7900gtx, so your guess is way wrong. I personally think it may be a bios version issue or a setting in bios, maybe agp aperture size, or possibly a PCI express setting. Also physically the card should have all power connectors in place as that can cause performance issues if done wrong.

and as for the 800mhz thing you have to multiply that by 2 for the ddr memory, don't know why they havent done that with past cards, but that answers that. like the guy above said, check the 6 pin power connector for the card, don't know much about the psu, and too lazy to look at the moment.

At the moment we havce a problem with 3dmark05 detectecting the card, it does not detect the clock speeds, and instead reads as 0 for both clock speed and memory clock. Also when running 3dmark test, it is running at slower frames than a 7800gtx. V-sync is application controlled, so its not that. Power connector is in fine so its gettin plenty of juice. PSU is a 500w with a single 12v rail of 18A.

When he starts oblivion up for the first time, it says it cant recognise his visual hardware so there is definately an issue here with the graphiccs card not being detected. Maybe a reinstall of windows is on the cards??

His motherboard is a Gigabyte 915PL (GA-81915PL-G).

We are running 84.21 drivers

hmmm...

I had a psu @ 500W with a 12v rail of 17A

it blew up...

I recomend getting a new one before something serious happens...

wow that ocz only has 26A on the 12v rails, that's not very high, or does something else make that a really good PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom