ArcticSilver5. the best $6 ever spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
wow to AS5. i put them on to my evga 7800GTX512 about 2 weeks ago and finally started to show some results. GPU is OCd at 600/1800. it used to hit up to 88c in game like BF2. but now at 80c max. even though the limit of the GPU temp is at 113c, constant 85c+ for 3+ hours straight made it to show some minor artifacts. now i know the temp limit so im going to OC little more and see how it does. ty AS5 :)

yo, boom, how did u manage to get ur hands on one of the 512mb flavored gtx's?? lol

Spartan666 said:
yo, boom, how did u manage to get ur hands on one of the 512mb flavored gtx's?? lol
i ordered it at the right time the at right place i guess...
at the time, monarch comp was the only 1 who had it and for $699 and i just web ordered it... and it was back ordered and i waited 10 days and it came. it was before the christmas. fortunately i was the first in line from monarch. mb the last...

My 6800 vanilla reaches 88ºC+ and i rarely c artifacts, the threshold on mine is 125ºC

****, my threshold is 145C on my eVGA 6600GT, whats really sad is that it used to idle 55C with AS5, and now idle its like 108C :'( Something bad happened over night...

schulz269 said:
my 6600 idles at 57c but odn't have as5 and use the stock fan
AS5 is a thermal paste. not a heatsinc/fan btw.
mine now idles at 45-47c. used to idle at 55c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom