Power supply physical explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that i think about it , that psu still have warranty right? and it fried your mobo and possibly other parts aswell+you got ripped off , so if youll goto that pc store and make a real nice scene you just might get lucky.. , maybe you can even sue em cuz of it and get alot of $$

id sue em anyway even if you can afford to fix the issue yourself , believe me an opprutiny like this doesnt come everyday , hit the iron while its still hot

Yeah but, you'd have to make sure you never signed any fine print that says "You wont sue us if / when we put an explosive device, AKA 300w Power Supply, in your computer."

If you had your psu replaced by a computer shop, isn't it under warranty for 12 months. And if it can be proved that it was the psu that fried everything else then you could get a whole new computer. I know in the UK that anything "electrical" has a 12 month guarantee. Not sure about other places in the world.

Well, this morning we checked the recipts and stuff, and on the print out it says " Replaced Power Supply " and when they gave it to us, they told us it was bigger.

My case came with a 350w PSU, and the one they put in was 300w. Could that be of any significance?

I think that it would be a great help to us if you could post some pictures of "the incident" on this thread. I am really sorry to here how badly you were "burned"(<--that was pretty good!).

Actually it didnt really look all that bad from what I saw at least, but the smell was a dead giveaway.

I'm not quite sure if even bsnyder knew what he was talking about.

In other news, I called the PC place and they told me to bring it in and they would look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom