remodeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

an51r

In Runtime
alright heres the deal i want to get rid of my socket 754 processor amd athlon xp venice 3000 and salmon ksl8a mobo and go to a socket 939 dual core but i read so many reviews on mobos and its anybodys guess what is good this is my first build and it has served me well but i need more. i have become obsessed with more power and capabilities i play alot of games and want to max my potential. i would like to recycle my ram though i have two gigs of pc3200 ddr ram and want to make sure my new mobos compatible. and also am curious if i put a new mobo in and hook it up to my hard drives (two 160 gig seagates)
will my comp be ready to go from there.

you shoudl have no problems with your ram, if they're the exact same brand/size then there's a good chance you'll be able to run them in dual channel.

well i have windows which came with my comp. will i be able to install it from my hardrive. and another thing what is a good mobo brand

9/10 times you can do a repair install of windows on a used hdd with a new mobo and it will work just fine. For that 1/10, you're out of luck, just completely reformat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom