Turn on PC without Processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
I installed my motherboard, A8N32-sli deluxe, and my processor won't be here till monday. Is it okay if i turn the pc on? I have everything except ram and a video card, and a processor.

absolutely NOT , can a car move without wheels? , a computer cant possibly work without a processor its essential

You could turn it on but nothing will happen and you won't see anything. It may damage the system too, i don't know though.

R1C0CH3T said:
i just want to see if the lights work n shizzle
unbelievable , thats one of the most ridicules things ive heard in a while , how old are you? :eek:

also, on the little 2-pin guys that are for the power button, reset, hdd activity light, does it matter which way those 2pin things go onto the motherboard? the only markings i saw on them is a little arrow, is that negative or positive and does it matter which way they go on?

i think the only ones that matter are power and reset but i'm not sure. if they don't work then just switch them 180 degrees, pretty simple.

just wondering if it will short the system or anything like that, my first build and all, don't want to mess up since im spending so much

Your motherboard manual will show you a diagram telling you where the positive and negative sides go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom