Zalman CNPS7700-CU Heatsink Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is not right. I have the Zalmen 7000-alcu and my temps droped when I switched from the stock hsf.

I would re-seat the hsf. Clean all the old paste and reapply. It must not be seated correctly. There is no way a Zalmen is going to give higher temps the a stock set-up if seated correctly.

yea, i know. I have already tried to re-seat it, but it hasnt done much. I will try to scrape off all the thermal paste and re-seat it again. Hopefully that will help.

What do u mean on CPM and size?

If anybody has anymore ideas please let me know. Thank you for all ur help

well something interesting just happend, i went to the bios, and set everything back to default. And when i rebooted and windows was loading, my PC just shut off. It did this two times, and on the third time it booted up normally. When windows started, Asus probe loaded and showed that the CPU temp was already at 70 degrees celsius. So i have no clue wut the problem is now.

Well i figured it out! It was a simple problem of too much thermal grease. So i just learned to make sure to put in a little thermal grease on the CPU and not cake it. Thank you for all your help.

o ya when i said reset i was talkign about cmos

also dont scrap thermal paste

usea Q-tip with alchohol on the end

By CPM he meant CFM.

Which is Cubic Feet a Meter.

By size he meant, make sure your CFM intake is about the same, or a little less than your outtake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom