what to go for... hard decision...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan666 said:
but i doubt DDR2 is going to give him that great of a performance boost anyway

My point was don't buy a lot of memory now because by this time next year Socket 939 will hardly exist and then if he wants to upgrade his CPU at all he'll most likely need to move to Socket AM2 and therefore need at least 2x1Gb (that will easily be the memory standard at the time, if not more with Vista requiring 1Gb on it's own) of DDR2 memory. Because DDR memory will basically be useless, I'd say adding more DDR memory to ones system at the moment is pointless and if you hold off just a bit longer you'll be much happier later on, and so will your wallet.

Also, 6800GS<7600GT<X1800GTO

All are available on Newegg

it will more than a year for socket 939 to "stop existing", lol. many ppl will not have the money to upgrade to AM2 and Vista will take some major time to work out all the kinks. 939 will last for a good while longer imo

you really think socket 939 will be that dead in a year from now? is AM2 packing that much impact and that much more performance.

EDIT: well... i can always be on the safe side and get 1 gig ram and 6600GT.

yeah i thought about that but the only problem with that is i probably wont get the other gig until i FEEL like i need to and im guessing thats the end of this year.... soo what if they discontinue making Corsair Value Select... im screwed.. i wont have dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom