I have a question about Case Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trax

Banned
OK, i have a few case fans installed on my computer....

They seem to be blowing more air out of the back of the computer then actualy INTO the computer...

I installed them, where the section with no fan grill and the logo are facing into the computer

so i assum they are sucking the air out...

well would it be safe if i turned the fan around so it can blow more air INTO the case then out

does fliping your fan around turn it into an Intake fan, and keeping it the way you buy it keeps it an exhaust fan?

The way i got my rig set up is having 1 fan on the side blowing out and the rest in. But for u try putting a fan blowing out in the back because thats were all that heat is going to as u said

ya but how do i turn them from blowing out to blowing in, just flip them around?

cuz right now i have 2 fans blowing OUT the back, but none blowing in ....

This is how to PROPERLY set-up fan cooling on your system. For the back fan(s), set to exaust. For the side fan(s), set to intake. For the front fan(s), set to intake. If you have a top fan set to exaust. As for me, I have a 2x back 2x side 2x front and 1x top set-up. How cool is that?

And yes, just flip them around.

alright thats what i was doing, just thought i was wrong for a seconed, by the way, what cases yall got?, Im going to buy a new case on April 2nd among other things (when i get paid/half my money is out on bills and my girl lol) so im only going to have enough for 1 thing, which is a case...

what are some suggestions

Oh ya and im entering it into a small compition for modded Cases, (not custom cases), so guide me in the right directions

(i got everything i need for moding it, even a lil plan drawn up)

Your best case scenario would be:

-Side fans blowing air INTO your computer
-Front mounted fans blowing air directly ONTO your hard drives
-Back fans blowing air OUT of your case
-Top fans blowing air OUT of your case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom