Ram Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
You no how a motherboard supports, well for the DFI Ultra-D i think the highest is PC3200, if i get a PC4000, will it work? how will it work?

technically no mobo offically supports over pc3200, if youll put pc4000 it wont give any better performance then pc3200 as it will run as pc3200 unless youll overclock (ddr over pc3200 is just for overclock headroom a person that dont do overclocking should just get a pc3200)

it will work, i believe. however, the motherboard will just automatically "underclock" the ram to pc3200 speeds

but i can still overclock it right? cause i dun wanna screw up my first build.

course you an OC it. PC4000 just gives you more room to work with.

btw, ur sig's wierd. PC-3200 DDR500 ram?? lol

DFI is made for OC. The mobo will downclock it to PC3200, the PC4000 rating is from the ram manufacturers telling you what its guaranteed and stock operating speed is, it can be OC'd faster.

k so, yea im gonna edit my sig. So when i put in the PC 4000, it will de downclocked to PC 3200 speeds, but then when i start to OC my hardware i can bring it back up right? is that how it works?

basically, yes. the PC4000 is GUARANTEED to run at those speeds, so that is why they give you more headroom than PC3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom