wood case update

Status
Not open for further replies.
teh_omar said:
Ak47s have barrel grips made out of wood which help in the absorbation of heat generated from the barrel heating up.

ak47.jpg

wood will actually relieve your comp from a lot of the heat that is generated. That case might actually lower case temps..
Their just some pre made wood panels.I would do a uv setup instead
and what are u going to do build a new computer or switch it from your existing computer.Also get some nice molding ,sleek.Or what else were going to do with the edges.

yes im probably going to use black molding and trim, as i have black drives and switches. dark wood + black = pretty slick.

i don't want to rice it out with too many lights. besides, there's only going to be one window and it won't be all that big. I'm going to have 4 (maybe 5 depending on a couple factors) 120mm fans. 2 will be green LED lit. that's all the light i need and want

Wood insulates, but it would basically absorb the heat in itself and take it away from the innards of the case, no? If this is not the case than I have been verily misguided...

wood is an insulator, it has a higher specific heat than metal... meaning it takes more energy to heat it up. this causes it to resist temperature change such as heat absorbtion

additionally, with the amount of heat the computer innards are producing, the absorption of heat into the wood (even if it did absorb lots of heat) would not make a difference. 1) the aborbtion rate would be much lower than the rate of heat increase from internals. 2) the wood would eventually become saturated with heat, proving to be even less effective in heat absorbtion.

in conclusion, the wood will insulate to keep heat in MUCH more than it absorbs any heat from the air.

looking good, is the second page of pics messed up or just the pc im on, cuz when u get to the 4 feet laid on top of the case its as far as i can go.

hey,,, if i was u i would notch them legs... so that half is gone with about 1/2 - 1inch of leg, and allow the half to overlap over the side

would look cool lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom