what to go for... hard decision...

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
should i go for 2GB of ram or a 6800GS vid card.... im kind of thinking about the ram because itll last much longer and is a lot more future proof?

wut are ur system specs?? if you already have a gig, i would get the video card as 2 gigs is really only "needed" for a few games right now

and are you going to upgrade down the future, like after DX10??

Spartan666 said:
wut are ur system specs?? if you already have a gig, i would get the video card as 2 gigs is really only "needed" for a few games right now

and are you going to upgrade down the future, like after DX10??

i am actually planning to get a new system this saturday... and i am getting a amd athlon 3000+ with msi k8n neo4-f.. the only thing im stuck on is ram or vid card.... yes i do plan on getting dx10 later on... if i was going to go with 2 gig of ram i will get the 6600GT but if i go with the GS i will get 2x512.... whatcha think?

i would get the 2 gigs then, cuz ur gonna upgrade the vid card anyway so might as well spend more money on something ur gonna keep

If it's Socket 939 2x512mb should suffice for most of your gaming needs, and then you could spend the extra $100 or so on a 7900GT. If you think you'll need the more memory go for it, this year and the following year will have games that will require 2x1Gb of memory, but I'd say save up for a Socket AM2 upgrade really.

Brtnboarder495 said:
If it's Socket 939 2x512mb should suffice for most of your gaming needs, and then you could spend the extra $100 or so on a 7900GT. If you think you'll need the more memory go for it, this year and the following year will have games that will require 2x1Gb of memory, but I'd say save up for a Socket AM2 upgrade really.

but i doubt DDR2 is going to give him that great of a performance boost anyway

yea its socket 939... im not upgrading to AM2 yet.. dnt got money to waste like dat lol plus im SURE 939 will last for quite a while longer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom