CPU voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your mobo by the way ?

I do think that PCU Z will tell you the voltage. Yes it does. Try to update the latest version.

BTW, if you dont ever touch the voltage of ur system, then it will stay at about 1.5 volt. No way it suddenly increase to 2 volts.

my motherboard is this
http://tekgems.com/Products/et-14330-bap-ptgd1-3400.htm
I dont think it is refurbished though.
and i have the latest version of cpu-z but where it says voltage its blank, and nothing in my bios will tell me either.

heres a screen shot of my cpu-z sorry about the font and color.. i got bored on day :)
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1594/untitledblahj7sq.png
and here is the one from where it was showing the voltage (the colors were still the same here):
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7958/untitledsss5hy.png

and the problem isnt becuase i changed the font/color (i tried :))

wow there is something seriously wrong with either ur voltage reader or the actual voltage itself. although im surprised it hasnt blown yet. go into bios and get it down. my northwood is running at 1.550v right now and thats OC'd

Its not in my bios i cant find anything and the only part about my cpu is grey and you cant access it.

can you download any different kind of bios..posibly?
becuase i went to the bottom of this forum page and it said"driver files" and i went there and you could download different bios's (grammar?) :)
i dont want to download one and completely screw up my computer :eek:

I too have a P4 2.8GHz (not OCed yet) (521) but my voltage is at 1.34 (accordin to everest home edition) and CPU-Z says about 1.34, 1.36. Someone back me up on this but if u clear the CMOS wouldnt that reset the voltage?

how do you clear the CMOS (if thats what i have to do) even send me a link on it and I'll read it, just make sure the info in it is correct. :)

and also is it possible for me to download another BIOS or something along those lines that would change it and give me an option so i could change the voltage?

heres a recap for anyone who doesnt wanna keep looking back in my previous posts:

My processor is at 1.968v (its a Intel P4 Prescott 2.88GHz with HT)
it might not be at 1.968v still(CPU-Z wont tell me, when i look under the voltage part its blank) but it probably is becuase its still running at the same temp(50ºC with side of my case off) and I cannot turn down the voltage in my BIOS becuase there is no option that allows me to do that. Now im wondering how if i can download a new BIOS or something that will change the options i have and allow me to change the voltage going into my processor. Or send me a link on how to "flash" my CMOS?

Well you could look for ur mobo manual and in there it will tell u. i know u have to take off a jumper for 30 seconds then put it back on (at least for my mobo). Search for ur mobo manual on google or yahoo. if you cant find nething PM me and i'll do my best to help you out

There shouild be a shiney battery in the form of a circle take that out for about 5mins then place it back in and that will clear your cmos.

strange link: ".../img236/4921/homosexual1uz.png" lol homesexual?

Thats some high voltage :p mine sticks around 1.4 idle :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom