New (First) Build, Please Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont kno how water cooling works and my rig is already about 1k
if i do watercoling i could put like uv reactive glitter in the water with my uv cathodes! lol that wouldnt work rite?

Im now looking for an SATAII mobo. Ne suggestions? Prob DFI rite?
found this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152
I like the 6 usb, as i only have 4 now and i need to plug in 5 things

ok, now im having second thoughts. Is sata2 worth it now, or should i get whatever is the latest when i do decide to upgrade? I already have 250gb pata HDD. The only differnce between pata and sata is TRANSFER speed? Will this help read speed n just overall performance?

A couple of things.......
DO NOT GET CHEAP RAM!
Especially from newegg......i've ordered a couple batches from them and keep getting doa ram....
Its not easy to diagnose....if your system doesn't wake up, then swap the ram with some guaranteed ram from a working unit to test it....
OCZ RAM IS FINE.....

Samsung doesnt have a good reputation for writers.......
At least with me it doesnt......
Unless you really need dvd-ram and lightscribe.
Benq has very good dvdrws with lightscribe, but no dvdram.
Pioneer (A10) has very good dvdrws with dvd ram, but no lightscribe....

Have you thought about a non-oem cpu cooler.....like an asus star ice.....

Opteron would give better performance.........
Also, L0 cache is always 32 bytes.
Only 24 bytes can be used, but truely 8 bytes are accessible.....

You want the biggest L1, L2, L3 caches you can buy......
It does improve performance tremedously.....as data gets further away from the processor, it slows down.

I dont plan to oc much so i dont think the operton is for me.
the stock cup heatsink should be sufficent as im not gonna oc, but if i do replace it the star ice looks like a good solution, thanks :)

As for my writer, I really want light scribe and i just got a dvd player taht can read DVD-RAM so that is kinda a must too. Ill look into other, non Samsung wriers.

GuitarFreak1857 said:
ok, first, NEVER buy xfx products, eVGA is your best choice. second, stay away from coolermaster PSUs, go with antec,OCZ.... and what's your budget?

only reason why I didn't initaly flame is because you're from dc....but this has to be addressed. xfx USED to have bad product quality a while ago, and even then they wernt that bad. saying NEVER buy from them is ignorant. all companies are given base cards and they modify the HS/Fan and maybe the ram sinks. basically all cards are identical to the origional card unless it's some wacky company

I'd reccomend this mobo over the biostar
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127225

they usually have better product support

im sry i didnt understand that link to the Optical drive, you wanna replace a video card with a drive? for mobo i suggest the DFI LP UT Ultra-D. I dun think you should spend so much on a CPU, get the Opteron 165 and overclock, i assure you if u spend one hour asking and reading about OCing, in a few trials you can get the opteron past the speed of the 4400+.

for ram go with OCZ, if u not gonna oc it go with the Value ram if you want. or premier series its all good. or go with G.Skill, or Corsair, or Crucial, all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom