AMD Vs. Intel VS. AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

beluga

In Runtime
My Sempron is really fast... but i guess i want a bit faster since i play black and white 2 and stuff like that

tomorrow, im gonn abuy new pros. which one should i get
Intel Pentium 4 3.0Extreme edition socket 478.. so a bit old but powerful if i OC it.
however i am also looking at the AMD Opteron 144
or the 3700+ i know opterons not made for gaming... but its still powerful so i really dont know what to pick... my stats are in the boxi

B

yea u dont get the point... I could squeeze more from my card, but pros is a bit weak.

for example u got a AMD 64 3000+ its good but its slowing ur 7800Gt down i promise you KC

I 100% agree with you, it isn't showing the full potential of my card, but I guarentee if I upgraded my CPU instead of replacing my 6800 with this card, I wouldn't of got as much of an increase as I have got.

Hmm, I wouldn't suggest that you just get a new processor. Because if you do, you only have a 6600GT backing a high-end CPU. I think that you should keep saving and buy a new processor and video card. Get a FX-60 if you want to go into that price-range, since it beats the Pentium EE. And a eVGA 7900GT/X.

zmatt said:
i wonder why so few people here on TF use the Athlon FX series

Because FX series are way too expensive...especially when alot of people here enjoy a good overclock instead.

I've been debating an upgrade along these lines too and I've just come to conclusion to wait for conroe and see what it has to offer before I make any switch to AMD from Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom