Zalman CNPS7700-CU Heatsink Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

navidw

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, im running a AMD 4400X2 CPU with the Asus A8N-SLI Premium mobo, and i just recently installed the zalman CNPS7700-CU heatsink. My CPU is now runnining hotter than it was with the stock heatsink that came with my CPU. Along with using this heatsink, I have used the arctic silver thermal grease too. Im running Asus Probe, which monitor my cpu temp, and when my PC is idleing my CPU temp is at 43 degrees celsius, but when i start gaming my CPU temp jumps up to 84 degrees celsius. Then my PC proceeds to shut down, because my CPU temp is too hot. I have used the fan controller that came with the heatsink, i have also used another fan controller, and i have used the fan connector on the MOBO. Nothing has helped with the heat problem, i dont know if i have a defective heatsink or what.

Please someone help!!!!

ok first stop running games till you fix this

Probe
- First, if the prob on corectly?
- Is it calibrated right?

Paste
- How much did you put on?
- Is there any coming out the side?
- Did you take the paste pad of the heat sink before you put on the new paste?

Heat sink
- Is it tight?
- Is the fan pluged in?
- is the fans pluge in correctly? + and _ on corrct spot? (if there int fan withh spin backwards)

Case Cooling
- is it good?
- Dust?
- Where is your case?

Make sure you apply a thin layer of thermal paste, not to much. Install the CPU heatsink/fan and make sure it makes contact with the cpu, it should be securely tighten also. During gaming make sure you turn up the fan speed control for better cooling, turn down the fan control for silent mode.

Make sure your case has atleast 2 fan for cooling, 1 in the front to blow cool air in, 1 in the back to blow air out. Your power supply could be a third fan to blow air out. Keeping your case cool is essential in order to help cool your CPU and other devices.

I have done all these steps. I have the Cooler Master C130 Case, with 9 fans in it. My case is cool enough, i have 4 fans blowing onto the mobo. The heatsink is tight, and the fan is plugged in. All my fans speeds are on high. My case is extremely cool, thats what makes this situation so wierd.

LOL..geez that would be one noisely computer. BTW I have a CNPS 7000B-Cu on my other machine with just that and the power supply for cooling and the CPU temp at idle is like 40c at gaming it would reach 50c. Anyways are you sure what ever program you are using to read your temp is accurate? Have you check the BIOS for your temp info? I don't quite know what to tell you other then get your money back.

well i have two fans blowing out, one in the back and one up top, i have 4 fans blowing on top of the mobo, and i have two fans in front of the PC blowing in on my hard drives. But the point is that one i had my stock heatsink i never had an overheating problem with my CPU, and i had the exact same setup, all i did was add the new heatsink.

Even if the program is reading the temperature incorrectly, my PC still shuts down immediatly. when i first installed the hitsink last nite, i played Battlefield 2, and during the middle of the game the PC just shut off. Thats when i installed Asus probe, and i ran bf2 again, and asus probe, was warning me during the game play that my cpu temp was getting to high, and shortly after my PC just shut off. So my mobo most probably shut off my PC, cause it noticed my CPU temp was getting too high.

ok first thats not enough fans blowing out

your Exast to intake ratio should be 3:2 | thats 3 exast every 2 intake

also plane on CPM and size what not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom