ageia physx ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt games that use source really benefit from this if u have a bad processor??????
Cause source really looks like it uses a lot of physics.....
And cause that and BF2 are the only games i play :p

i still think that when the motherboard companies have to make new sockets for there boards (am2) that they will integrate physx on to some of the higher dollar ones... Eh, it will become standard soon enough

how can hl2 and bf2 benefits from this if theses games werent coded for the physcard? there is no game that will benefits from it right now. Is a waste of money, beside the first ones are gona have alot of bugs with then. wait a couple fo years and maybe i would buy one.

yeah it would...every game is designed to have physics.. the physx cards just take the load off the cpu and vid card..

No it wouldn't. It will only work for games that use a certian physics engine (and it will have to be updated to support physx), I forgot what it is called.

OMFG!!! People... READ!!! All questions can be answered by reading... http://www.ageia.com/

There will be only two card makers offering them:
BFG & ASUS (Currently).

They will be in PCI-express 1X/4X & PCI flavors: (Haven't heard anything about PCI-express 16x, although it would be nice with an extra PCI-e slot on an SLI board.

Major Software Dev. companies whom use the "Ageia Physx SDK" and integrate it into their software will support the PPU card. This also includes 3D rendering and design appz, not just games.

Games using the Unreal Engine 3 (Currently to name a few, EPIC, ATARI, Buena Vista Games, NCSoft, Gearbox Software, Hi-Res Studios, 10Tacle Studios, Sony, Vivendi, Namco, MICROSOFT, Midway, Timegate Studios, America's Army...) Just to name a few...

So save your pennies kiddies cause if you don't have a PPU... your gonna get owned...

Oh, I can sure afford it now!! *sarcasm* Why do they have to be so much?! Some GPUs are more than processors! Now these Physics cards...ugh. I think I'll go console.

...someone hit me, please.

wow. this is so stupid, As soon as people get the money saved up to buy a top end pc or components something comes out that some rich kid will buy and smoke what you just spent your savings on. like to say u bought a high end processor, then some kid comes along with a 2800 or 3000+ and gets a physics card and can be equal to or better then your card? wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom