deleting file

Status
Not open for further replies.

norco1

Baseband Member
unable to delete file - PLANTC~1.URL - message reads cannot find specified file. please advise

norco1 said:
unable to delete file - PLANTC~1.URL - message reads cannot find specified file. please advise

If YOU can find it you can delete it.Just hilight and press Delete.
Zap.
:eek:

when does it say this? after you right click and click delete or is it an uninstaller or something?

Make sure it isnÂ’t copy protected. Right click properties. Make sure it doesnÂ’t have READ ONLY highlighted. If all else fails jump in in safe mode.

try openeng up the folder and deleting them through there. if that doesnt work, check the properties to check for read only. If that doesnt do the trick, try doing it in safe mode

ive had this problem once or twice but i never really thought about it, i would come back the next day or something and it would work. try restarting if you havent done that yet

norco1 if thats all you see in the context menu you may have a corrupted operating system. does windows give you any other troubles besides these two? it could mean a more serious problem of a corrupted explorer.exe. i would reinstall windows or use restore CD. backup all data first

nav has quarantined swen virus hits but all else is good. i use mail washer (bless the program) for bouncing scams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom