10 minute only computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexpas1

Beta member
Got a problem with my computer where is shuts off after 10 minutes without fail and sometimes doesnt start up until its been left switched off for a while.

I get these 2 error messages that are sent as reports to microsoft but their solutions havent worked:
C:\Windows\minidump\mini032706-07.dmp
C:\Docume~1\owner\locals~1\temp\WERE.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

tried to scan for viruses but it never gets finished because the computer just shuts down

anyone got any ideas?

I would delete these files,

or

Have you tried to boot into Safe-Mode and run a scan,

or

Have you used System Restore,

however

you should have time to run Hi-JackThis and post a log in the 'HiJackThis Analysis' section, that is if it is already on your computer,

also

you should check in Task Manager and see if anything suspicious is running and disable them to give you more time to run a scan,

what protection do you use?, which programs?

Okay when the machine loads up run Start>Run>msconfig.

Make sure only Apps you want running under the startup tab are checked.

That will help prevent any suspicious things from starting up. Also are you sure this is not hardware related from devices overheating?

It may be a hardware problem. Are you sure your computer is not over heating? Does it switch off after exactly 10 minutes every time?

I think hardware as well. I just fixed a computer where it would run for 10 min and then reboot. I tried a new drive, new Windows installation, new RAM and new power supply. Turned out to be the motherboard.

Try safe mode as mentioned and if it does it there too start looking at hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom