LCD vs CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
my lcd resolution is a t 1280x1024 and i can play hl2 on high no problems with a 6600gt.

i love my 17inch lcd, and so happy that i didn't get crt. lcds don't make that humming noise that crts make.. and consume less electricity! i have 8ms response time and i don't notice any ghosting. only thing i don't like about my screen is that its only 6bit; i would've liked 8bit but at the time to get allt he features i wanted + 8bit it woulda been way too expensive.. the colour depth was the one thing that i could part with..

no matter how many faults ppl find with lcds, they're still a lot better than crts.

I'm sorry guys but after 2 pages of replies to my question I can honestly say I still can't decide. It seems like comparing apples and oranges?

I could get a 19" CRT, or a 17" LCD.

The only thing stopping me from fully deciding on an LCD is:

I can only afford a 17" LCD, and probably about 8ms response. I dont want to see any ghosting coz i'm fussy about stuff like that, and I mostly game and like my graphics to look sexy. I'm not overly keen on the idea of dead pixels either. They look great though. If I can get past the dead pixel ghosting issues, then I'll probably go LCD, I've never owned one before.

I just don't know.

cub1971 said:
I'm sorry guys but after 2 pages of replies to my question I can honestly say I still can't decide. It seems like comparing apples and oranges?

I could get a 19" CRT, or a 17" LCD.

The only thing stopping me from fully deciding on an LCD is:

I can only afford a 17" LCD, and probably about 8ms response. I dont want to see any ghosting coz i'm fussy about stuff like that, and I mostly game and like my graphics to look sexy. I'm not overly keen on the idea of dead pixels either. They look great though. If I can get past the dead pixel ghosting issues, then I'll probably go LCD, I've never owned one before.

I just don't know.

Go to a store and compare the LCD's to the CRT's (if they still have any).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom