• Apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RicoDirenzo said:
I checked out Monarch and they are really expensive. The upgrade option for 2 Asus 7900GTX's wa $1219! Yikes. I can build a whole system with 2 7900gt's for less than the cost of the 2 GTX's. Sheesh!!!

Are u sure that wasnt a total.... of everything upgraded
Monarch is cheap.... maybe u need to reread that one... ;)

ferris said:
Well, what kind of motherboard is it. PCI E or Agp?

Oh and, dell LCDs are good. For the lower end, IE: $600 PCs for school and such, they are good because they come with decent hardware and all the software.

I think its PCI, cause its Brand new, and im sure dell wouldnt throw a AGP slot at him... BUt i am pretty sure its PCIx

jorsoft03 said:
This should be pretty good for about $100
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125021

As for your laptop, try customizing one on www.compaq.com if you want a typical name brand one the're pretty good. Otherwise cyberpower and ibuypower have pretty nice gaming laptops you can look at.

I like the labtops at compaq

And i bought my cousin that graphics card (1600pro) and he thinks its better than mine cause it has heatpipes.... stubburn...

Well hes on his way to becoming a gamer... now he doesnt have to come to my house to play... WoooHOoooo

I didn't read it all It is late but I would say an hp if he wants a pre-built becuase they are one of the only companys that use AMD.

Avalanch3 said:
acer.....dont bother with dell.....im no fan boy but to me acer is really good... we use them at work and my friend has one at home...just put a pci-e graphic card in it and away you go...:)

they also pretty good with there aspire series laptops 2...i seen u mentioned above that you wanted to get a laptop

where do you get graphic cards for laptops? do you just use the regular ones? and how do you isntall it? do you ahve to open up the laptop? (i know for ram its real easy cuz they have an easy access door)

aliasaid said:
where do you get graphic cards for laptops? do you just use the regular ones? and how do you isntall it? do you ahve to open up the laptop? (i know for ram its real easy cuz they have an easy access door)

I think that u can only buy labtops with graphics cards already in them... i dont think u can buy graphics cards custom made for a labtop... maybe in the future.

I wouldn't get a Dell.

My brother has a Dell laptop, and luckly it had a three year warranty, because he had the motherboard changed in it five times. My friend also has a Dell desktop, and he says it is pretty unreliable, overheats, and he isn't overclocking or anything. Also, he says it seems too slow for a 3.0GHz P4, he uses my 2.4GHz Celeron machine and thinks its faster. We both have the same amount of memory and stuff too. I heard Dell use generic parts too, so that could be a bit dodgy. I would recommend Hewlett Packard. I have a Hewlett Packard, and it's fine. Three people in my family have HP laptops, and they are all fine.

yeah, i just wasnt thinking when i said about buying a dell labtop... i couldnt think of any name brands besideds Alienware.
(Which is now owned by dell, hmm)
Hopefully watever labtop i get in the future is going to be a good choice......

I have a Dell laptop that I got through my Tech school. I hate every minute that I use this thing. I don't understand people's fascination with Dell. Just because they spend the most money on advertising makes them the best?? Not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom