Amd X2 3800?

Status
Not open for further replies.
meefle said:
I was also lookin at the X2 3800+ but i changed my mind and i'm goin to go with the Opteron 165. it has two times more L2 Cache and has amazing OC abilities, most people get 2.6GHz if not above on air cooling. Look into the 165, great CPU

btw, each core does not run at 2GHz, both cores work together to get 2GHz but still dual-core is better than single cores. I've heard the X2 3800+ is equivalent to a 3.8GHz P4. Either the Opteron 165 or the X2 3800+ are good choices
they dont work together to make 2ghz each core runs at 2ghz but dont the 3800+ run at 1.8ghz a core or am i mistaken

Intel's GHz is very skewed compared to AMD's. It's an emerging trend to focus on better performance to GHz ratio. The AMD X2 3800+ (2 GHz) would be better than my D820 for example that runs at 2.8 GHz.

Timaphillips said:
Intel's GHz is very skewed compared to AMD's. It's an emerging trend to focus on better performance to GHz ratio. The AMD X2 3800+ (2 GHz) would be better than my D820 for example that runs at 2.8 GHz.

yeah they basicallly do that for marketing because people think higher number=faster speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom