Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
ok uhh i am going to get a new hdd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144417
its sata 3.0gb/s
my current hdd is a western digital 80 gig
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144102

when i get my new hdd i am going to re install windows should i install it to the new one the sata 3.0gb/s or the 80 gig one i have now?

would the sata 3.0 one benefit me more as a slave or primary?

also whats the difference? will i notice a performance difference between the sata?

I rather keep OS, games, and programs on the worst/oldest hard drive in my computer and store my music, pictures, and movies on the better one.

Why? Because the old one probably will go out sooner and I can re-install programs and such. Cant really keep backup disks for over 300 gigs of movies and music so if the hard drive goes out im just out of luck.

BillGates said:
I rather keep OS, games, and programs on the worst/oldest hard drive in my computer and store my music, pictures, and movies on the better one.

Why? Because the old one probably will go out sooner and I can re-install programs and such. Cant really keep backup disks for over 300 gigs of movies and music so if the hard drive goes out im just out of luck.
that is a good concept actually.

thats true, i can always reinstall but getting my movies/music and specially pics back is hard well impossible for the pics

but if i make the C: drive the newer hdd will it be faster in windows and accessing things because it can transfer data faster?

or maybe triple partition it.. if it is 300 do it like this 25=music 125=movies 150=apps etc... but that is like a general one. as for me I don't use that much apps so if I had a 300 not even worrying about a slave I would do mine like this 75=apps 50=music 175=movies

very true i actually owuld be fine with a 120gig since i only need just alittle more room on mine as i have 6 gigs left which is the lowest ive ever been. but i do delete alot of my stuff after i use it. when i get my new one i am truly going to have to watch carfully so i dont get carried away with keeping things ill end up buying another hdd =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom