Upgrading.. Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forchunet

In Runtime
Windows Vista is coming out January 2007 (so they say)

With it will come a new Directx10

I'm sure some of you have seen the new Crytek CryEngine 2 demo's. It's super nice. Motion blur, 100% interactable environment, soft shadows, etc etc. the list goes on.

Now I wanna know. Would it be wise to upgrade to say a 6800 now or wait. I dont want to waste money and later find out my comp can't even run these dx10 games.

6800 barely cuts it for today's games, there's no way it will be adequate for Crysis or even UT2007 for that matter. Now if you were talking a 7900GT or GTX, that would be a different story, but still, I think it would be better to wait.

A 6800 doesn't barley cut it for games now a days. It can still preforme quite well with all the games on the market. Most people aren't super crazy about all the little detail and can live with some lower quality.

reggie_da_man said:
A 6800 doesn't barley cut it for games now a days. It can still preforme quite well with all the games on the market. Most people aren't super crazy about all the little detail and can live with some lower quality.

If you want to run Crysis like is shown in the videos, a 6800 isn't going to cut it.

Yea but that's with everything on max and they use an FX-60 2GB of ram. That's all just to sell the game.

i would wait if you're only getting a 6800 and get a better card later on, over the summer probably, like maybe 7900gt or something nice, because i doubt a 6800 will do well with the demos you've mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom